How to make Alfajores with Strawberry Jam - Easy Recipe
Alfajores are a classic South American dessert that are enjoyed in many countries, including Argentina, Peru, Chile, and Uruguay. These delicate sandwich cookies are typically made with two buttery shortbread cookies filled with dulce de leche, a sweet milk-based caramel. However, this recipe features a delicious twist by using strawberry jam as a filling. The result is a perfectly balanced combination of sweet and tangy flavors that will satisfy any sweet tooth. So, let's get started and learn how to make these scrumptious strawberry alfajores!
Keywords: Cornstarch cookie with strawberry jam
Cooking Time: PT10-12M
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- For the Filling: 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- For Decoration: 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of approximately 1/4 inch (0.6 cm). Use a cookie cutter of your choice to cut the dough into circles with a diameter of approximately 2 inches (5 cm).
- Place the cut dough on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden around the edges. Let cool completely.
- To assemble the alfajores, place a teaspoon of strawberry jam in the center of one alfajor and cover with another. Repeat with the remaining alfajores and strawberry jam.
- Decorate the alfajores with powdered sugar before serving.