How to Make Chicken in Red Wine Sauce - Easy French Recipe
Chicken in red wine is a classic French dish that combines tender chicken with a rich, flavorful sauce made with red wine, bacon, and vegetables. This hearty and satisfying meal is perfect for a special occasion or a cozy night in. The dish is easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time, making it a great option for entertaining. In this recipe, we'll show you how to make a delicious version of chicken in red wine that is sure to impress your family and friends. So, let's get started!
Type: Main Course
Preparation Time: PT30-40M
- 4 chicken legs, skin on
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Season chicken legs with salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion to the skillet and cook until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic to the skillet and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken legs to the skillet and cook for 6-8 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove chicken legs from the skillet and set aside.
- Add red wine, chicken broth, tomato paste, and dried thyme to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Return chicken legs to the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken legs are cooked through and tender.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and serve hot.