How to Make Creamy Asparagus Soup with Potatoes - Easy Recipe
You can serve this delicious recipe as a starter, its main ingredient is asparagus. It is a herbaceous perennial plant with highly branched foliage and feathery appearance. Its cultivation lasts a long time in the soil, on the order of eight to ten years. It has been used since ancient times as a culinary vegetable, due to its delicate flavor and its diuretic properties. Next we will present you the preparation of a homemade cream of asparagus with potato in an easy and fast way.
Type: Creamy soup
Keywords: Asparagus Cream with Potato, Healthy, Vegan
Preparation Time: 30M
- 250 gr of Asparagus cut into pieces.
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- 1/2 finely chopped onion.
- 100 gr of finely chopped Leek.
- 330 gr of Potato diced.
- 700 ml chicken or vegetable broth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Note: You can use vegetable broth for a vegan recipe.
- In a pot over medium heat add the oil, once hot add the onion, leek and fry until golden brown.
- Then add the asparagus, potato, salt, and pepper to taste, and stir for two minutes.
- Add the broth and cover the pot, cook for 20 minutes.
- Once ready, wait for it to cool a bit.
- Pour the contents of the pot into a blender and blend until you get a creamy mixture.
- Serve and decorate to your liking.