How to make Homemade Tomato Soup - Easy and Quick Recipe
Tomato Soup is a classic of Mediterranean food. Its popularity around the world may be due to the fact that it was one of the first soups to be commercialized canned. It is a recipe that can be served hot or cold and is very easy to prepare. On the other hand, we can say that this recipe is used as a base for other dishes, such as Napolitana or sauce for pizzas. Here we present step by step how is the preparation of the homemade tomato soup, ideal as a starter for your meals.
Type: Creamy soup
Preparation Time: 40M
- 8 to 10 ripe tomatoes.
- 1 medium onion.
- 4 cloves of garlic.
- 1 large red bell pepper.
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste.
- 2 tsp sugar.
- 1 dried bay leaf.
- Dried oregano.
- Dried thyme.
- Dried basil.
- In a pot of water, cook the tomatoes until they boil.
- Apart in a pan, fry the paprika in medium pieces until golden brown without letting them burn.
- Then in a blender, place the tomatoes and the paprika with a little of the water where you boiled the tomatoes and blend until well mixed.
- Pass the contents through a strainer, to obtain a smooth consistency without residue.
- In a deep frying pan add the oil and the finely chopped onion, sautéing it over low heat until transparent.
- Add the grated garlic and fry it without letting it burn.
- Add the tomato paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the mixture of tomatoes and paprika that you liquefied.
- Add the sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add the spices and the bay leaf.
- Bring to a simmer over low heat until the mixture reduces a bit, then remove the bay leaf.
- Go through the blender again so that the onion is well blended.
- Strain the content, serve and decorate to your liking.