How To Make Creamy Onion Soup - Easy and Quick Recipe
The onion cream recipe is very traditional in French gastronomy. It was formerly considered, at the time of the French Revolution, as a humble dish made with simple ingredients. Because its main ingredient is onion, it is a dish rich in vitamin C and minerals such as potassium, calcium and phosphorus. Below we will present the step-by-step preparation of the ideal homemade onion cream as a starter in your meals. Quick and easy.
Type: Creamy soup
Preparation Time: 40M
- 5 large white onions.
- 2 tbsp oil.
- 40 gr of Butter.
- 2 to 3 tbsp all-purpose flour.
- 1 Lt of Chicken Broth.
- 500 ml of milk cream.
- Parsley leaves to decorate.
- Toasted bread to garnish.
- Peel the onions and wash well.
- Julienne the onions.
- In a saucepan add the oil and butter.
- Sauté the onions over very low heat, until transparent, without letting them burn.
- Then add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the onion is transparent, add the flour and mix well.
- Then add the broth and heavy cream and simmer until consistent.
- Turn off the heat and let it rest.
- Pass the contents through the blender and serve hot, decorating with parsley leaves and toast.