How to make Danish Butter Cookies - Easy Recipe
Today, I'm excited to share with you a delicious and simple recipe for Danish butter cookies. These classic cookies are a beloved treat in Denmark and are often enjoyed during holidays or special occasions. Made with just a few basic ingredients, these buttery and crumbly cookies are perfect for sharing with friends and family, or for enjoying on your own with a cup of tea or coffee. So let's get started and make some homemade Danish butter cookies!
Cooking Time: PT12-15M
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add in the flour and mix until a smooth dough forms.
- Use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to portion out the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about an inch of space between each cookie.
- Use a fork to press down lightly on each cookie to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.