How to make Lemon Cornstarch Cookies - Easy Recipe
Get ready to brighten up your day with the delightful aroma and tangy taste of Lemon Cornstarch Cookies. These cookies are a perfect blend of buttery goodness, refreshing lemon zest, and the tender texture provided by the addition of cornstarch. With a simple list of ingredients and easy steps, you can create a batch of these heavenly treats that will leave you craving more. The zesty lemon flavor adds a burst of freshness to every bite, making these cookies a delightful accompaniment to your morning coffee or an afternoon tea. Whether you're looking to satisfy your sweet tooth or impress guests with a citrusy delight, these Lemon Cornstarch Cookies are sure to bring a smile to your face. So, let's dive into the recipe and embark on a baking adventure that will fill your kitchen with the irresistible aroma of freshly baked cookies!
Cooking Time: PT12-15M
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Gradually add the flour and cornstarch mixture to the wet ingredients, mixing until a soft dough forms. Be careful not to overmix.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll them into balls. Place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Gently press down on each dough ball with the back of a fork to create a slight crisscross pattern.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool on the sheet for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.