How to make Homemade Fig Jam - Easy Marmalade Recipe
Jam is a recipe for fruit preserves cooked in sugar, its name "marmalade" comes from the Portuguese "marmelada" which means "quince sweet". This recipe originates from Ancient Greece, where they cooked Quince with honey. On the other hand, it was only from the 17th century that it began to be made massively in Scotland and then its name spread throughout Europe. Next we will present you the preparation of a delicious homemade fig jam in an easy and fast way.
Keywords: Quince Sweet, homemade fig jam without pectin
Preparation Time: 45M
- 500 gr of Figs chopped into pieces.
- 350 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- In a non-stick pot over low heat, place the figs chopped into small pieces.
- Add the sugar, the tablespoon of lemon juice and cook for 45 minutes, stirring constantly every 5 minutes.
- When it has a thick consistency, turn off the heat and let stand until cool.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass container with a lid.