How to Make Homemade Mango Jam - Easy Marmalade Recipe
Jam is a recipe from the European continent, it was invented during the Ancient Greek Empire, there they cooked quince with honey. Its name "marmalade" comes from the Portuguese "marmelada" which means "quince jam". On the other hand, it is from the 17th century when it began to be made massively in Scotland and became very popular throughout Europe, but in Portugal they still call it "quince jam". Next we will present you a delicious recipe for homemade mango jam or jelly in an easy and quick way.
Keywords: Mango jam without pectin, mango jelly
Preparation Time: 45M
- 500 gr of Mango chopped into cubes.
- 350 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- 1 cup of water.
- In a blender place the chopped mango, the half cup of water and blend for 30 seconds at high speed.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan over low heat, add the sugar, the tablespoon of lemon juice and cook for about 45 minutes, stirring constantly every 5 minutes.
- Once it has reduced and has a thick consistency, turn off the heat and let stand until cool.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass jar with a lid.