How to Make Homemade Pear Jam - Easy Marmalade Recipe
Jam is a recipe originating in Europe, it was invented in the ancient Greek empire, where quince was cooked with honey. Its name "marmalade" comes from the Portuguese "marmelada" which means "quince jam". On the other hand, it is that from the 17th century it began to be made massively in Scotland and its name became very popular throughout Europe, but in Portugal they still call it "quince jam". Next we will present you step by step how to prepare a rich pear jam easily and quickly.
Keywords: Pear jam without pectin, pear jam jelly
Preparation Time: 45M
- 500 gr of peeled, chopped and seedless pears (only the pulp).
- 350 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Put the pears in a blender and blend until you get their juice.
- In a saucepan over low heat pour the contents of the blender.
- Add the sugar, the tablespoon of lemon juice and cook for 45 minutes, stirring constantly every 5 minutes until thickened.
- Once thick, turn off the heat and let cool.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass container with a lid.