How to make Blackberry Jam without Pectin - Easy Marmalade Recipe
The jam (marmalade) is a fruit preserve cooked in sugar, its name comes from Portuguese marmelada which means "quince jam". This recipe comes from Ancient Greece since they cooked Quince with honey. From the 17th century it began to be made massively in Scotland and its name became very popular throughout Europe, but in Portugal they continued to call it "quince jam". Next we will present you the preparation of a delicious homemade blackberry jam in an easy and fast way.
Keywords: Quince jam, homemade blackberry jam, easy marmalade recipe
Preparation Time: 45M
- 500 gr of Chopped Blackberries.
- 350 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In a non-stick pot over low heat add the blackberries.
- Add the sugar, the tablespoon of lemon juice and cook for 45 minutes, stirring constantly every 5 minutes.
- When it has a thick consistency, turn it off and let it rest until it cools down.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass container with a lid.