How to make Pineapple Jam without Pectin - Easy Marmalade Recipe
This delicious recipe originates from Europe, during Ancient Greece, where they cooked Quince with Honey. On the other hand, the name "jam" (marmalade) comes from the Portuguese "marmelada" which means "quince sweet". However, it was in the 17th century that this recipe began to be made massively in Scotland and its name became very popular throughout Europe, but in Portugal they continue to call it quince sweet. Here we present how to make homemade pineapple jam in an easy, fast and natural way.
Keywords: quince sweet, homemade pineapple jam
Preparation Time: 45M
- 500 gr of pineapple in pieces.
- 350 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Place the pineapple in a blender and blend until you get a pulp.
- Pour the pineapple pulp into a nonstick pot over low heat.
- Add the sugar, the tablespoon of lemon juice and cook for 45 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes until thickened.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass jar with a lid.