How to make Homemade Tangerine Jam - Mandarin Marmalade Recipe
The jam (marmalade) is a fruit preserve cooked in sugar, its name comes from Galician-Portuguese marmelada which means "quince jam". But it was during the 17th century that it began to be made massively in Scotland and its name became very popular in Europe. However, in Portugal they continue to call it "quince sweet". Here we present the preparation of a delicious homemade tangerine jam, easily and quickly.
Keywords: Quince sweet, homemade mandarin jam without pectin, easy marmalade recipe
Preparation Time: 45M
- 500 gr of peeled Tangerine.
- 350 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Note: It is important to remove the white skin of the tangerine and remove the seeds, we will only use the pulp.
- In a nonstick pot over low heat, add the mandarins and lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and cook for 45 minutes stirring constantly every 5 minutes until thick.
- Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass container with a lid.