How to make Homemade Plum Jam - Easy Marmalade Recipe
The jam recipe comes from Europe, it was invented in the Ancient Greek Empire where they cooked quince with honey. Its name "marmalade" comes from the Portuguese "marmelada" and its meaning is "quince jam". On the other hand, it is from the 17th century that it begins to be made massively in Scotland and becomes very popular throughout Europe, but in Portugal it is still called "quince jam". Next we will present you a delicious recipe for homemade plum jam in an easy and fast way.
Keywords: Homemade plum jam without pectin
Preparation Time: 45M
- 700 gr of Plum without seeds and chopped into pieces.
- 400 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- In a nonstick pot over low heat, add the plums in small pieces.
- Add the sugar, the tablespoon of lemon juice and cook for 45 minutes, stirring constantly every 5 minutes.
- When it has a thick consistency, turn off the heat and let stand until cool.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass jar with a lid.