How to Make Homemade Grapefruit Jam - Easy Marmalade Recipe
The jam recipe was born in Europe, specifically during the Ancient Greek Empire, where honey was cooked with quince. This name that we know today as "marmalade" comes from the Portuguese "marmelada" which means "quince jam". This recipe began to be made massively in Scotland during the 17th century and its name became very popular throughout Europe. However, in Portugal they still call it by the name of "quince jam". Next, we will present you step by step how to prepare grapefruit jam in an easy and fast way.
Keywords: Grapefruit Jam without Pectin, Grapefruit Jam Jelly
Preparation Time: 45M
- 500 gr of Grapefruits completely peeled and cut into pieces.
- 350 gr of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Note: It is important that the grapefruits are well peeled without the white of the skin and without seeds, we will only use the pulp.
- In a nonstick pot over low heat, add the grapefruits and the tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and cook for 45 minutes, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Turn off the heat and let stand until cool.
- Enjoy and store in the fridge in a glass container with a lid.