How to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Easy Recipe
Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a classic and delicious treat that everyone loves. The combination of hearty oats and sweet chocolate chips makes for a satisfying and comforting cookie that's perfect for any occasion. This recipe is simple and straightforward, using basic pantry staples to create a chewy, buttery cookie with just the right amount of sweetness. Whether you're looking for an after-school snack or a sweet treat to share with friends and family, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are sure to please. So let's get started and bake up a batch of these delicious cookies!
Keywords: Oatmeal Cookies with Cocolate Chips, healthy cookies
Cooking Time: PT12-15M
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick oats (Quaker Oats)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract, mixing well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop the dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Enjoy your delicious and simple oatmeal chocolate chip cookies!