How to make Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Easy Homemade Recipe
These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are a classic treat that never goes out of style. With the addition of flour, these cookies have a slightly more substantial texture, making them even more satisfying to bite into. The combination of old-fashioned rolled oats and plump raisins creates a deliciously chewy and hearty cookie that is perfect for any occasion. This recipe is easy to make and comes together quickly, making it a great choice for a last-minute baking project or a special treat for friends and family. So grab your ingredients and let's get baking!
Keywords: Oatmeal cookies with raisins
Cooking Time: PT12-15M
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, rolled oats, raisins, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.