How to Make Chinese Orange Chicken - Easy and Quick Recipe
The orange chicken recipe that we know comes from the Chinese-American version of the Asian dish General Tso Chicken. This dish appears in Chinese fast food restaurants in the United States. It consists of pieces of chicken in batter and fried, covered with sweet and sour sauce flavored with orange. Next we will present to you the preparation of the orange chicken recipe easily and quickly.
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: Chinese Chicken, Asian Recipe, Sweet and Sour Chicken
Preparation Time: 40M
- 1 Chicken breast cut into pieces.
- 1 Cup of Natural Orange Juice.
- 2 Tbsp Sugar.
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce.
- 2 Garlic clove crushed.
- 1 Tbsp Cornstarch.
- Oil for frying.
- 1 cup wheat flour.
- Sesame for garnish.
- In a bowl, place wheat flour and cover the chicken pieces one by one with flour and place them separately on a clean plate.
- In a deep frying pan with hot oil, fry the chicken pieces until golden brown and then remove them to drain on a plate with absorbent paper.
- In a separate skillet over medium heat, add the orange juice, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and cornstarch and stir, letting cook until thickened.
- Once the sauce thickens, add the fried chicken and stir until it is integrated, let it cook for 5 more minutes over low heat.
- Serve and garnish with sesame.