How to make Vanilla Pudding with Cornstarch - Easy Recipe
If you're in the mood for a classic and comforting dessert, look no further than this Custard Pudding recipe. Made with simple ingredients like milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract, this creamy and silky pudding is the perfect balance of sweetness and richness. Whether you're looking for a dessert to serve at a dinner party or just want to indulge in a sweet treat, this Custard Pudding is sure to satisfy your cravings. So let's get started and create a dessert that's both easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Keywords: Vanilla pudding without eggs
Cooking Time: PT20M
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine 3 1/2 cups of milk and sugar. Heat over medium heat until the mixture begins to simmer, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup of milk, cornstarch, and salt until smooth and well combined.
- Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the simmering milk, stirring constantly. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens to a pudding-like consistency. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Mix well to incorporate the vanilla throughout the pudding.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes or a large serving bowl. Cover the surface of the pudding with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent a skin from forming.
- Refrigerate the pudding for at least 2 hours, or until chilled and set.
- Serve the vanilla cornstarch pudding chilled, either on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.